The Sequel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mother Superior bin Aqid

Mother's Here Empty Mother's Here

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:47 pm
The travel from Wallach IX was spent within the confines of a small chamber within the Mother Superior’s private shuttle. Countless young girls surrounded a single stalwart individual. It was a parade of powders, gels, and perfumes as the elderly older woman was slowly turned into something almost other worldly. This is how cults of personality were established… one of the many ways the Bene Geserit were able to involve themselves in the many different societies of the Imperium. As Alexandrus sat stoidly with her eyes closed her mind was flooded with all of the possibilities of the the current political climate. Thousands of voices joined her in her meditation. It had been more than thirty years since the Mother Superior had deemed it necessary to leave her Throne. As she rounded up upon her one hundred and eighty seventh birthday something about her felt worn. It seemed as if the burden of this weight was finally taking its toll.

As she felt the ship touch down she opened her eyes and looked at herself in the mirror. Her black dress still clung to her form as if on the body of someone one-tenth her age. Her hair was made up into an elaborate design. The jewels that the order had collected as gifts over the years at her throat and odorning her fingers. It had been far too long since Alexandrus enjoyed such finery. The were never such occasions on Wallach that required such attire. As she moved to exit the transport the cadre of younger sisters and those still in their younger training years followed her off the ship. The trail of Alexandrus’ dress covered even her shoes. The tall woman moved across the stone landing pad and onto the marble floors of the Palace and seemed almost as if she was simply gliding across the floor.

The group was led quickly towards the Throne Room and as they approached the large double doors the Mother Superior simply raised a finger and her entourage stopped in their tracks and circled around each other in the antechamber as the Mother Superior entered alone. This boy was an animal, the Bene Geserit had manipulated most of his life. But it became obvious to the order that though sometimes unruly he had become a necessary animal. As she apporached the Throne and saw the young man sitting upon it her face remained completely frozen in it’s stare as if carved from ice. A major domo called from behind her. “The Most Reverant, Mother Superior Josefina Alexandrus bin Aqid!”

“Your Majesty…” The Mother Superior softly spoke in a flat tone her eyes never leaving the Emperor. “It is an honor to be recieved so quickly after my request.” She spoke in the same monotone voice but the pure sarcasm in her thanks seemed to be evident.
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII
Emperor of The Known Universe

Mother's Here Empty Re: Mother's Here

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:06 pm
From atop his Throne, Ceres watched the Old Crone approached the dais. This was a meeting he had not been looking forward to. Despite his marriage to Lilya, the Emperor had always had a very strained relationship with the Bene Gesserit. They had manipulated him for as long as he could remember. First as Duke Atreides, and then as Ezhar, once more as Count Fenring and now as Ezhar again. The impact of the Bene Gesserit upon the life of Ceres Corrino couldn't be described in a few sentences. It would take years and volumes to accurately describe his ire and his view of the Witches from Wallach. The Emperor's views may have been paradoxical considering his love untoward the Empress and their Marriage, but for the rest of them, they were animals the type of which they were keen to portray him as. The Bene Gesserit were born liars and manipulators, steeped in secrecy and adept in enslaving their quarry. The way the Mother Superior walked into his Audience Chamber as though she owned it was just another atypical display of Bene Gesserit conceit and arrogance.

The disdain upon the Emperor's face was evident as the Mother Superior openly disrespected him with her tone and manner, it infuriated him. In that moment he decided now was the time to finally eliminate the Bene Gesserit and remove their hold over his life once and for all. He could not abide being spoken to as their little pet, especially when The Bene Gesserit and The Guild were responsible for his present position. He hadn't gone to them pleading to be Emperor. They had come to him and despite his protests to be left alone, they had seen fit to anoint him as Sovereign anyway. They had been the Carrion of The Collapse, bickering and fighting while the Empire burned to cinders and they dared to call him an animal.

This entire situation was not without its irony, either. Just under a decade ago, Ceres had parleyed with the Bene Gesserit to back his claim to the Throne and after receiving assurances that their vote was his, this nasty piece of work stood in front of him, reneged on their deal at the last minute and contributed to the rise of one of the most ineffectual and impotent Emperors the Empire had every seen. The sheer arrogance of the old hag to think he owed her for this. Ceres was so angry that by the time he was done with the Bene Gesserit, the name bin Aqid would be a curse word hushed in whispers amongst Acolytes for she would be the one that assured the loss of their esteem and place within the Empire.

Without responding to her greeting, the Emperor descended the dais. With each slow, deliberate step, the atmosphere in the Audience Chamber got thicker and thicker to the point that it could be cut with a lasbeam. Upon taking the last step onto the polished floor, the Ceres held the gaze of the Mother Superior, unafraid nor cowed by her apparent illusion of superiority. She had forgotten that His Crown carried weight and it was so clearly lost upon her just how much the Imperium despised the Bene Gesserit for audacious stunts the likes of which she had just pulled.

"Welcome to my home, Mother Superior." The Emperor intoned, his disdain barely masked. "Since you have seen fit to walk in here and address me as your equal in such a lovely manner, I will grant you the right to gaze upon me for the first and last time in what little remains of your existence." A slim smile crept upon his lips as the veiled threat rolled over the air and slapped Alexandrus in her face. The Court gasped as the two locked eyes. "You seem to forget, I did not ask to sit up there." He turned slightly and pointed back up to the Throne. "And you have quite clearly forgotten your place among us, Mother Superior." He turned back fully to her. "Though the recognised leader of a Great School of Thought, you are no more than a commoner." Narrowing his eyes, he canted his head weighing and sizing her up like a piece of prey about to be pounced upon by a leopard. "And it is customary for commoners to kneel in prostration before their Emperor." He pointed to the floor this time. "So if you please, your Reverence. Your lack of adherence to the Forms is upsetting our Audience..." He raised his chin over the court, using it to indicate the masses as opposed to his hand. "And the Sardaukar..." He added, stepping back, giving the Mother Superior a silent thirty seconds to comply before she found her head atop a pike adorning the Palace Walls, Maywana Style.

Last edited by Ezhar VII on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Mother Superior bin Aqid

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:51 am
The Mother Superior was well aware that her order was treading on dangerous ground with their choice for the Crown. Going into this decision was not an easy one but they needed someone who was not well loved by all, nor hated by all. Someone who could restore balance back to the broken Empire. Not even the Emperor knew fully of their plans, the years that had been given in the pursuit of this very day. The Empire had been crumbling long before the invasion and long before Darius. The fall began while that woman wielded the powers of the Throne. This was a necessary evil.

As she stood before the Emperor and watched him come from utop his Throne she did not move a muscle. Her face was stolid as she listened to the Emperor berate her. THis was indeed his home… though he seemed to forget the Crown was still not on top of his head. The man before her was quite lucky they had been forced into this arrangement. The girl, though seemingly loyal to the Order, would have been a liability. Arcaydia Corrino had way too many eratic personality flaws.

She listened as he finished his tyrade. He wished to strip her down, wished to make a show of her arrogance. Very well… she would play this game. “Your Majesty…” SHe bowed her head. “I did not think it necessary to make an old woman go to her knees but I humble myself before your…” She allowed herself a pretend stumble for the crowd’s benefit even though the Emperor knew her abilities were far greater. “I beg your forgiveness…” SHe bowed her head lower and hid a grin. SHe allowed her voice to be heard across the hall. “My order but lives to serve this office and humanity. Sometimes my advanced age leads me to take liberties I should not.” She remained on the floor and stared at the back of the Emperor’s heels with his back turned only a few feet from her.

SHe allowed herself a small vibration in the back of her throat. An almost inaudible whisper reached the Emperor’s ears. A sound created without the Mother SUperior barely moving her lips. It was one singular word. ‘Remember.’ SHe remained in her position with her head bowed waiting for the Emperor to allow her to stand or chose another rougher circumstance.
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:26 pm
She is making a mockery of me! Ceres thought to himself, back turned to the Old Crone. Oh how he would love to gut her like a prize Caladanian Trout right here on the open floor. It was not to be, though. Despite the hollowness of her gesture, the Court was appeased and that was all that mattered. The Emperor would not forget this slight though. Ceres Corrino had a long, long memory. This would prove to be straw that had broken the camels back. bin Aqid was going to pay dearly for this.

Before he could respond, a single word entered his ears, catching him off balance. Ceres considered a moment, a seeming look of confusion on his face. What was he supposed to remember? There was a feeling in the pit of his stomach, something strange, something foreign. It was hard to describe exactly what he felt in those fleeting moments but all he knew is that he wanted it excised from his body.

And then, as if someone had flicked a light switch, a thousand lights flashed to life in his minds eye.

The Emperor turned on his heels, eyes wide with uncertainty but no less intensity as his eyes bored in the back of bin Aqid's skull prostrated on the floor.

Did she just...? Ceres suddenly felt nauseous.

Surely not... The Emperor responded to himself, floundering in doubt.

Fearing that he may have been compromised, Ceres turned ninety degrees to the left and broke into a rapid pace, issuing a hand signal to his Guard to bring the Mother Superior to his Office.

Instead of joining with his guest, the Emperor went to a small ready room attached to his State Office and took a moment to compose himself. His hands were shaking as he entered and rushed the nearby sink to splash some cool water on his face. He took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. A pale façade stared back at him from beyond the reflective glass.

Years ago, Ceres had been the victim of a failed imprint. To this day he had no recollection of the event save that it had transpired. Though the Imprinter had failed to bond him, the experience was so traumatic that it left him with a verbal tick. It had taken years of speech therapy with his wife to be able to talk normally but the effect forever lingered and formed one of the core reasons as to why Ceres despised the Bene Gesserit as he did.

That encounter sparked something inside him, a question that shook him to the very core of his soul.

He put the pieces together in his mind, and slowly but surely the pieces began to form a picture which forced the Emperor ask himself, had Lilya imprinted him or at the very least been ordered to?

The question mortified him but it explained Lilya's lack of presence these recent weeks and as to how the Mother Superior thought she could simply waltz into the Palace and act as though she owned it.

As important as the question was, Ceres had no time to think on it now. The Old Crone awaited.

Shutting off the tap, the Emperor dried his face on a soft towel and returned to his Audience through the side-door into his office. Still a little shaken from what he'd just experienced, Ceres returned to his desk, refraining from eye contact with the Mother Superior surrounded by a cadre of six Sardaukar. Giving the Order for the Sardaukar to stand at ease in the room, he sat gingerly and leaned over to a drawer on his right, opening it to remove an ornate antique pocket-watch he had given to Darius on his last birthday.

"You have sixty seconds to tell me what you want before I have you removed from my presence and my home." The Emperor said sternly, resuming the audience promptly and with a minimum of fuss. Given the self-made revelation, he had much to consider before he dealt with the Bene Gesserit at length. Things had changed.

Opening the cover, Ceres set the clock ticking awaiting a response.
Mother Superior bin Aqid

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:00 pm
As the Mother Superior remained in her position with her head down she could hear the boy’s heart rate increase. SHe could smell the small beads of sweat beginning to produce under his skin. She could feel the emotion. The boy was indeed wise beyond his year's, but there was still much he would need to learn if he wished to retain his seat for longer than his predecessor. Ceres might wish to fight his circumstances and even she had to admit he did infact have much power. The Order could only orchestrate so much. They had worked towards removing the old Emperor but that required years upon years of planning that spanned back to the era of the Maywana Regency. He was now a loose dog, she would be forced to work with him in some ways.

What he did not wish to accept was the way the Bene Gesserit had and would surround his life. He might be free of the choker, and even the leash, but their was still a fence built around this Imperium. A fence that had taken milenium to build and that no House, Crown, or power had been able to tear assunder. The Houses needed the Order. It was true that some might hate them, might fear them, might distrust them but that did not create the weakeness that Ceres thought. The distrust was built upon, it was part of their mystery.

As she heard the boy leave the room and the Guards helping her to her feat to lead her into the office. SHe waiting patiently. Her word did indeed have it’s desired effect and she would need to contact the soon-to-be Empress immediately. “I have lived for one billion, nine hundred and one million, two hundred and sixty nine thousand, seven hundred and three seconds. Your Majesty. And your are correct I have lived that time as a mere commoner. As a servant. But in my service my order has become the last mentors to the human race. Your may talk about my arrogance and complexs. And your may indeed be right about the view of some of the nobles at large. But your forget the ties we have bound between Houses. The children we have born. The secrets…” SHe said softly as if to make a point to him alone and not to the guards. “That we hold.”

“I am here but to serve this race. I will tell your what you what I have come here to request. Your line must continue Your Majesty. We need a legitimant heir to this Throne. The Empire must see this as soon as possible or believe me there will be trouble down the line. Your may indeed scorn me or infact kill me. But there will always be another to take my place. We are an unbroken line… unlike your own. I bowed before you. Took my place. Accepted my humility. But I will tell you now as I these seconds run out that you do not wish to remove me from your council just yet.”

“I am the one who will always allow your to remember…” She repeated the word but this time as if in normal conversation. “With your leave Your Majesty, I believe my time has indeed passed. SHe bowed her head deeply.
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:51 pm
"Listen to me very carefully, Mother Superior." Ceres' tone and expression darkened as he closed the watch slowly and deliberately. "If there is one thing I have learned as your Order has shoved me from post to post, broken and arranged my marriages." He placed the watch carefully on the paper rest and then is palms flat beside it. "It is that for something to be truly rebuilt, it must be done so upon a blank template. It is my job as Sovereign to determine which elements will fit into my new Regime. Be careful, lest I find your ancient relic of an Order to be irrelevant in my plans going forward, Mother Superior." Ceres warned. Though aware of their prominence and relevance to the Imperium, Ceres was far from afraid of moving against an Order he despised. Word had been received that morning indicating Guild activity had been detected in the Thalim System. In an instant the Emperor began plotting how to use the Bene Tleilax as a potential exploit to retaliate against a belligerent Sisterhood.

"Change comes to us all, Mother Superior and its March of Sacrifices can not be halted." The Emperor resumed, unphased by her bluster. She was not the only Keeper of Secrets. Ceres had many of his own, too. "Anyone of us has the potential to be a Sacrifice in this tenuous time. Anyone."

Tapping the middle and index finger of his right hand into the green paper rest, he picked up the pocket watch and put it back into the drawer. "If you have no more pearls of wisdom, I suggest you take your leave and return to Wallach immediately." He said, closing the drawer firmly and placing his hands on the desk, interlocking his fingers as he awaited response from the Old Crone.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum