The Sequel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bonao

The Journey to Kinship Empty The Journey to Kinship

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:13 am
The steady clicks of six inch stiletto heels could be heard reverberating through the cavernous halls of the Opal Palace. Arcaydia had spent the past years plotting and conniving at every turn. Though Arcaydia was never quite an angel these most recent experiences had hardened her a bit. Over the past year Arcaydia had fought tirelessly for the survival of her line and her children. Due to numerous lucky exchanges and the constant support of a few of her more liberal sisters Arcaydia was one of the few Imperials who has used the discord to her own favor. The amount of executions and back room deals being made every day never ceased to amaze the young Duchess. She had grown. The confused girl that had found her way into the center of Imperial politics had finally found her footing.

She was able to consolidate what little power was left among the ranks of Great House Ecevit-Corrino. Orianna had served her purpose well and there was no other person she would rather have by her side. She had managed to maintain a solid control on each of the member worlds within the Cartel. Orianna had also been charged with ensuring the children were well protected and cared for. Arcaydia did not always ask her methods but she trusted things were handled with the utmost care.

As Arcaydia moved closer and closer to the large double doors she pondered how she was going to handle this meeting. All of the many plans and machinations that had taken place were about to come to a head and the lay lines of the imperium were about to be uprooted and placed back in their former positions. She wore the usual gold circlet wore upon her brow on a daily basis. The purple dress clinging to her form. On her left hand the engagement ring from her marriage. The large and ornate ring seemed to be a weight upon her. The day she married Wentworth she became something else. SHe was no longer a noble who came from a back water planet. SHe transformed into a Corrino and as she had been reminded by most people over the past months that this name came with a responsibility.

As the doors swung upon she walked in fluidly. She seemed to have not even the slightest suggestion of nervousness. She had spoken to Ceres much over the past year. After the first few months of discord the powers at be had decided the person to bring about the most fluid transfer of power was Ceres Fenring. She continued to walk until a few paces in front of the young man only but a few years older than herself and she bowed her head politely. There was yet a crown placed upon the man’s head yet the reality had become apparent. “Your Majesty… a pleasure to be in your presence.”
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII
Emperor of The Known Universe

The Journey to Kinship Empty Re: The Journey to Kinship

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:07 pm
It was perhaps quite fitting in this time of decline that the Emperor of the Known Universe began the reformation of the Empire by negotiating with Arcaydia Novarii. Over the years, the Ceres and the Novarii had shared a somewhat tumultuous relationship, though none of it was of their own doing. The powers that be in the form of Ecevit-Corrino and the Former Emperor had dictated the Status Quo of the Day. Their emnity for each other during those times was forced but now the fates of the Imperium had been realigned and that tumult might become more genuine as Ceres established his reign over what remained of the Empire.

Regardless of what the Empire may have thought of Arcaydia, the Emperor knew that she represented perhaps the most potent threat to his new Regime. Wentworth and Maywana may have passed on, the Heirs Wentworth and Arcaydia remained and heirs with Corrino Blood were quite prominent in this time of instability. Out of all the negotiations he would have to endure in the months ahead, this would prove to be the most sensitive.

The easiest and most obvious solution would have been to murder the young heirs to truly neuter Novarii as a Imperial Player in the Imperium. The murder of Arcaydia's children was an act that didn't bother the Emperor too much, the consequences of the act did. Connections to the Old Guard, Novarii's heroic acts during the First Muadru Incursion had established Novarii as something more than Ecevit's lap-dog in the waning days of Darius' reign. Her deeds in combination with her blood relations might make her a martyr in the eyes of an Empire who might not agree with his ascension to the Throne.

In all, it was quite clear that Ceres would have to proceed carefully with a grown up Arcaydia who suddenly found herself in a unique position. Whether she knew her position or not was another matter entirely. Ceres in keeping with his meticulous methodology never failed to weigh everything very carefully and never, ever left anything to chance.

Sat atop the Throne in his formal finery, Ceres gazed down the dais at the visiting Duchess and allowed himself an inward smile. Arcaydia still retained that poise perfect image that was quite common among her Bene Gesserit ilk. It had been a while since he's seen her last but he could see the change in her, the confidence within and the apparent acceptance that she was not as invincible as her Mother-in-Law had once led her to believe. Indeed, if Arcaydia was blind to her own position, the Emperor was not. All of the Duchess' principal Allies were gone, all that remained were those few who had just barely escaped the Collapse intact.

It truly was to be a new day for Ceres and Arcaydia.

Once she had been announced and greeted, the Emperor allowed himself a slim smile. Sarcasm in opening? Maybe she hasn't changed all that much. Ceres mused to himself as he arose from the polished Hagal Qartz Throne beneath him. As he stood, his Formal Robe fell off his shoulders to his feet revealing a fine Ecazi Suit, white shirt and simple tie. Given his newfound status, Ceres was still Ceres for the most part.

"Welcome back to Kaitain, Duchess Novarii." The Emperor returned, his voice amplified in the acoustically perfect hall, the Audience Chamber fell into reverent silence as they spoke. "We have missed you." He said, his tone decidedly neutral, though his slim smile revealed just a hint of his sardonic nature. "How are you, and your Noble children?" He inquired descending the steps of the dais to meet Arcaydia face to face. As he stepped on to the floor proper, the Duchess extended the her hand which the Emperor took and kissed the back of it gently. Letting it go, Ceres held his hands behind his back to await the response of his guest before they moved onto privacy and the Matters of State which had brought her here.
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:40 pm
Arcaydia watched every move and took in every breath the young Emperor made as he rose from his seat and moved down the dais. As he took her hand she could not help but grin. This was going to be an interesting game of cat and mouse, neither of them would outwardly express their true feelings. Their desires and opinions would be revealed by other means. The young woman knew the position she was currently in. She would not pretend it was not dire. She had lost some of her most powerful backers but at the same time she had cozied back up to her order.

In an Empire of a million worlds Arcaydia could have quite easily carved out her own little slice of the Empire. She could have crowned her son and ruled in his name. She admitted to herself that this was something the younger Arcaydia would have done without a second thought. But the loses and tribulations of war had changed her. She knew that she could not work alone against the tide of the Imperium and that if the remaining Corrinos did not stand together the Houses Federated would have run right over them.

As the Emperor took her hand and kissed it Arcaydia looked down at the top of his head. A man with so many machinations. Her order had once deemed him a threat only to be forced to place him on his Throne. “Now, now… Your Majesty.” SHe smiled as she moved forward and kissed both of his cheeks in a ‘bisou, bisou.’ “It has indeed been a while and we do have much history together. We do not have to be so formal.” She raised her eyebrows ever so slightly at the mention of her children. They would each hold their cards close but would make it known the threats and loyalties they could both build upon. “Oh I am quite well. I mean as well as one could be after months of dredging through the filth that those Muadru made of this planet. As for your ‘cousins’.” She paused and looked at him before taking his arm as they moved into the office.

“THey are as well as children can be expected to be after the untimely death of their father and grandmother.” SHe said without much remorse in her voice. “They have grown immensely. I must admit it is a sad world we now live in that children must grow so quickly.” As they entered the room and moved towards their seats she took her seat gracefully and crossed her heels. “Now, now… Your Majesty. I am sure you did not ask me here just to ask after my little princes.” She smiled as she looked him in the eyes. “It would have been easier to send someone to kill me on my estates.” She said with a little laugh. SHe spoke with a joking air but the seriousness of the matter was well hidden beneath her words.
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm
"The Importance and Safety of Family is always on my mind." Ceres replied in his usual manner. He spoke quite dryly, his voice as hot and as harsh as the sands of Arrakis. Some described it as a monotone, it was actually the result of years of speech therapy to remove a speech impediment caused by a failed imprint. As one might expect, the Emperor's response was true in part. Ceres was mindful of the safety of his family, as was their prominence which the Emperor had skillfully ignored en route to his office. Some things never do change. He said to himself, glancing sidelong at the young Duchess on his arm. In another time, another life she might have ascended the Throne as his Empress but fate and more importantly, Maywana Corrino had other ideas and plans which were felt to this day.

Showing Arcaydia into the spacious confines of the Emperor's Office, Ceres let go of the Lady's arm and gave her reign of the room. "Please take a seat." He said, instead of saying make yourself at home. Knowing the Duchess she would have taken him at his word and moved into the suite next to his given half the chance.

"Care for a drink?" He inquired, dismissing the serving girl to give them both privacy. Taking station by the mini-bar, he gazed out of the panoramic windows over the Cityscape of Corrinth. Work was well under way in restoring the Imperium's Jewel to its former glory but the scars remained. It would be generations before the wounds on this beautiful planets truly healed. Until then, all House Corrino could was bandage to gaping wounds and nurture them until they were ready to come off.

Serving himself a Hadouken and a glass of Riesling for the lady, the Emperor returned to his large fogwood desk and handed the flute to Arcaydia. Pragmatic to the core, Ceres refrained from proposing a toast and took a sip of the refreshing cocktail as he rounded the polished wooden surface toward the high-backed chair.

"It is a sad world we live in, but not for the children." He commented, his gaze somewhere beyond the glasteel, Ceres took another sip. "At least not in the sense you're talking about." Pursing his lips, he set the glass upon the coaster and took to his seat gingerly. Interlocking his fingers, he placed his hands on the desk, the Assassin's Hidden Blade clearly visible beneath his sleeve. Some habits really did die hard.

"Its nice to see that we have retained some sort of rapport over the years." Ceres retorted quickly with a sly smile, casting an admiring eye over the face and body of a Princess that tuned many a head in her time. "You know when I want something, it is true." He grinned playfully at Arcaydia, offering a slight shrug. Over the years, the Emperor had grown more accustomed to the Bene Gesserit and their wiles. He still couldn't fathom them entirely but he was certainly better at guarding himself against them. "But do you know me well enough to know what I want?" He inquired, sitting back in his chair to hear the Duchess' response.
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:32 pm
“Oh Ceres…” she allowed herself to use his given name as they name walked into the privacy of his office and he dismissed his servants. “I am sure my safety has been utmost on your mind. Well not so much my safety but my whereabouts and goings on. No need to feign worry.” SHe grinned as he looked back at her with his dry sidelong glance. As they moved into the office Arcaydia could not help but look back upon her year within the Imperial Palace. This Palace was her home for quite some time and the opulence never ceased to amaze her. This was an feat of construction that even Arcaydia’s over inflated ego could never think up.

As Arcaydia took the flute from her counterparts hand she allowed herself a moment to take in the odor of the wine. Identifying even the smallest of its nuances before taking a sip. She looked up towards the Emperor and watched him carefully as he took his seat. She has taken notice of the dagger even from the Throne room. Their was gifts she had a Bene Gesserit that were always latent. The dagger beneath his sleeve did not scare Arcaydia. It was not Ceres’ modus operandi to kill in cold blood within his own walls. He might very well have killed her himself over the past months but he would have been much more discreet about it.

“This world is very sad indeed… for all of us.” She said as she too looked out of the panoramic windows. “We have all been placed into positions we least expected. We have all done things that just a few years ago we would have never deemed to do. The Imperium has changed and the scales have been tipped and in some cases broken in many situations.” She paused as she took another sip of her wine. “The seat your sit in now is not the same seat it was some time ago.” She did not say this mockingly, she used the Emperor’s same dry pragmatic tone.

“The rapport we have retained… Ceres is due to us being similar in many ways.” SHe paused as she listened for the steady hum of the cone of silence around them. “I know when many men want something and more often than not it is just to get between my legs. Which works for me all the same. But for you it has always been different, there is always something else hidden behind those clear green eyes.” She grinned as she stood from her seat glass in hand and leaned on the back of her chair.

“As to what your want now… your want a great many things. But for the purpose of today’s conversation I will stick to myself. I know your to be an intelligent man, Your Majesty. Your know that over this past year I have been one of your greatest allies when I could have been your greatest foe. The Empire might not be what it was but their are still many Houses that would have followed the progeny of Maywana Corrino. There are still many houses among these million worlds that would have rather split this Imperium into pieces rather than see your sit in that big crystal throne.” She spoke as if telling a tale of grandeur. A skill taught to many within the Order especially those who received trained from Mothers of the Protectiva. Though those giles would be lost on someone so well trained as an assassin it made for a good story none the less.

“I will not lie.... I thought long and hard on my options. I considered forming my own Queendom amongst the Empire. But no, no… you know I have never been one wishing to spend my days sitting down listening to the squabbles of nobles and always watching the target on me back. I would rather be able to play my own games.” She smiled. “When the Order came to me with their offers and plans I took my time to think about my best path. Was it standing with the Order and their chosen candidate or deciding to take a different path. Perhaps marry one of the Great Nobles of the land and allow them to rule in my children’s stead. But once again I thought. DId I really wish to go against the wishes of the Order and enjoy a paltry amount of planets always under the attack of the other various pretenders.”

“So I decided at long last to cast me and my own with your.” SHe took a sip of her wine and pointed playfully towards Ceres. I betrayed my mother-in-law. SHe would have never chosen to follow behind your. Any of the other various splinter Houses that were not killed in the attacks were soon brought under by the Order. We live now in a complicated world. A world neither one of us ever thought we would end up in. Your want me here on Kaitan.” She took her seat once again.

“You do indeed want something. Your want their to be some semblance of stability within ‘our’ House. The Corrino line now more than ever must at least seem strong. Even though I will admit I would rather us truly form this bond… as opposed to just acting.” She looked towards him as she drained her glass. “Their might indeed come a day when your feel the need to bury that blade in my back. And their might be a day when I feel the need to make my own path… but for the time being I think it is necessary that both of our proverbial blades stay in their sheaths… at least against each other. ‘Cousin.’”

Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:56 pm
Ceres sat back in the chair and listened to Arcaydia as she spoke. As one might expect of a beauty of her caliber, her voice sounded just just as pretty as her face. It was easy to hear why many crumbled before her, beset with the desire to gain something from her whether it be power or sex. More often than not, Arcaydia left the encounter as the victor. Were the Emperor any other man, he might have succumbed to the Duchess as well. Fortunately, having spent virtually half his life being managed by the Bene Gesserit, he was hardier than most. He offered a polite smile once Arcaydia had finished speaking and leaned back in his chair.

As his back hit the rest, the Emperor clapped his hands in congratulation. "Ah, look at Arcaydia Novarii all grown up." That signature smile, creepy in the eyes of most, appeared upon the pale lips of the Imperial Sovereign. In the ears of anyone else, the remark may have appeared to be condescending but a decade of understanding between the two, Arcaydia would know it was a genuine compliment. The woman in front of him had always been written off as a bit of a floozy that would never amount to anything without the guidance of her deceased predecessor. Ceres had always known different, though, and the proof of it was sat right in front of him, speaking sense and full of the understanding of what the Imperium required of her.

"You speak with a sense and understanding that is lost upon many of our Subjects throughout the Realm." The Emperor resumed. "You are right, I have asked you here to help me provide the stability the Empire needs. As one of the few remaining legitimate Corrino Bloodlines, it is imperative we stand firm against an Empire aware of our own position." He fell silent, considering his words for a moment. House Corrino was not at its zenith. The power it had amassed over the course of the past twenty five years had all been lost during the Collapse. Their position in CHOAM had been diluted and their grip on the Houses significantly weakened in light of it.

The Corrino Axiom of controlling the Coin and Court was in very real danger of being shattered if it did not act fast.

"Everything you said is true." The Emperor re-affirmed, placing his hands on the chair arms, he pushed himself up in one elegant, fluid motion. "Maywana would never have followed me, nor Wentworth. I understand and appreciate the sacrifices you made." He said but it was clear there was no sympathy in his timbre or manner. Ceres despised Maywana and her son. He had thrown himself at her feet during her youth, begged her to learn at her feet and instead, she ignored him, favouring the likes of Vesner and indeed, the woman sat in front of him. "But she isn't the only one who would not have followed." The Emperor added, hinting for the first time at what he really wanted from the Duchess.

"It is also true that you could have been my greatest foe." He agreed readily, rounding the desk toward the panoramic windows overlooking the cityscape. He dragged a finger along the windowsill as he walked along the length of it. Stopping, he lifted his finger rubbed rubbed the dust off it with his thumb,  turning his head to the seated lady, slowly and deliberately. "People would have followed, and, ahhh, that is my problem with you, Arcaydia." Cocking his head to the side slightly, he wondered what was going through her mind at that exact moment. "People would follow you..."

Sucking in air through his teeth. "For the Empire to be truly stable, we need to look beneath the surface. You are more aware of the true extent of The Collapse than most. While the Imperium defended against the Muadru, everyone missed the Bene Gesserit and Guild sweeping up up what remained of the shattered Houses and our heroes have disappeared into thin air." Ceres clasped his hands behind his back and turned to Arcaydia. "All that which you have spoken, you will give that to me." The Emperor stated matter-of-fact with a casual shrug. They both knew both knew the obvious was free. The unmentioned prizes though...

"To cut to the chase, Arcaydia. You need to give me more." The Emperor intoned, closing the distance she she turned her gaze toward his advance. Stopping a few feet away from her left hand side, the young Emperor leaned down to Arcaydia's ear and lowered his voice. "If you have any hope of leaving here with your ambitions and stature intact, you need to give me Alexander Radentia."

That name hung between the two Corrino for a moment, for Ceres it was like a curse word and represented one of the most potent threats to his rule. So long as Alexander Radentia was allowed to breathe, Ceres Corrino could never truly be secure in his reign and the possibility of Arcaydia's Queendom still a nightmarish reality that may come true.

Allowing a moments silence, the Emperor turned his back on his cousin and returned to the cityscape, giving Arcaydia all the time she needed to decide where her loyalties lie.
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:10 pm
As Arcaydia sat in her seat and smiled. SHe had known Ceres for years now and even though he was quite a gruf individual Arcaydia was probably one of the few people who could see through his veiled statements. She knew he was shocked by her new found understanding of their surroundings and the thought that she was able to impress upon him her insights made me her feel on more stable footing. She took her turn now as she listened to his statements. As he mentioned her former husband and mother in law she had to use her skills to hide the jolt. Even though she had helped to remove them from the equation, she always felt her former husband was an innocent bystander. SHe had no respect for her former lover due to his attachment to his own mother but his death was a sorry byproduct.

As he came to his point on her being followed she could not help but be somewhat shocked to hear the words from his mouth. There was a time when their was not a House in the Imperium that would heed Arcaydia’s call. Her ties to the Radentia and her actions during the war had changed the way many looked upon her now. “People would follow me…” she spoke softly. “People would betray me…” She placed one finger around the rim of her crystal glass. “But I would rather them follow you Ceres. I was not made to sit where your are sitting. I am a female and while Maywana might have dealt with the tribulations of that office, I would not enjoy it. Your and I are cut from the same cloth Ceres Corrino.” She allowed the Corrino to flow from her tougue as if with praise. “The difference is I can still enjoy the privalege of shedding my skin and molding myself… preferably in your service. While someone sitting there…..” SHe pointed to him as he sat in his chair. “No longer enjoys that luxery. You are no longer a person. Your are the Crown. “

“I have no need to bind myself with those chains. We all have our versions of chains. We all have our challenges. But I believe after many months of meditation that the chains that bind the Emperor are the strongest chains of all.” SHe ended as she looked deeply into his eyes. “I am but a siren, Your Majesty. Use me to call the men towards the rocks. We will chose who survives and who sadly must be laid to the wayside.” She grinned.

She allowed him to continue his request and as he rose from his seat she froze in her own. As he whispered into her ear she did all she could to change what was to be a grimace into a thin grin. As he moved away and she stared at his back she pondered the request. She had cared deeply for but two men in her life. There were truly only two personas in the Imperium who Arcaydia could have ever seen herself being happy with. While one stood before her… the other was indeed Alexander Radentia.

What was more important to Arcaydia. Her position, her name, her rites… or he love of one man. As she leaned towards her pride a thought entered her mind. If she made herself this man’s enemy here it was not only her life and position that would hang in the balance. It was her childrens. There was no doubt. She rose from her seat gracefully and moved towards the Emperor’s side. They had spent many a night together. While Alexander treated her with love, there was always something different with the savage way Ceres would take her. As if hating her and loving her all in one. She had always wanted this man for her own. This individual who had such similarities to herself. She had even attempted to imprint him to herself but failed due to her own feelings being thrown into the mix. Did she really want a man to serve her… or did she want him to truly want her.

She moved close to the Emperor. The skin of cheek only centimeters away from his own. “Alexander Radentia will return…” She paused as she thought about the step she was about to take. “And I can indeed bring him within your grasp when that time comes.” Her voice almost vibrated with its intencity. The heats from both of their forms raising. “I can bend for you… Your Majesty.” She called him by his title now as she began to inch away. Her voice growing in volume as it returned to normal. She did not want either one of their released pheremones confusing judgements. She placed her open palms next to each other. “But this is and has always been a game of give and take…”
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:14 pm
It was always a... fun game of cat and mouse. He, the cat, would chase the little mouse all over the Universe from one trap to another. She was fast, spritely, nimble this little mouse and every time the cat steered her toward a trap, she would either evade it at the last second, or skillfully jump out of the jaws as the steel latch was sprung. Though she promised to deliver unto him the demanded prize, Ceres was aware Arcaydia had evaded the trap. There was an eerily sinister smile upon his lips to accompany the sidelong glance as the Duchess backed away. The game would continue.

The issue of Alexander's deliverance was important to the Emperor. As Arcaydia rightly and so cogently stated, he was no longer a person, he was the Crown and the greatest dangers to its continued relevance and authority were an independent Splinter and a man capable of harnessing and realising the true potential of a United Landsraad. The Emperor truly believed that he had only been allowed to get as far as he had due to Radentia's disappearance. He and the deceased Grand Duchess were birds of a feather, with ties each to the Throne. They would never have bent their knee if they had the power to resist.

The tenuous relationships shared with the power-brokers of the Realm was one of the primary reasons the Silent Powers of the Imperium had manipulated Ceres' rise to the Throne. Previous Emperors had been far too generous with their favour and reward. Given what Ceres had done to the likes of Ecevit-Corrino, Tanaka, Radentia, Novarii, Ragnar, DeWinter and Ganeva in the past would ensure that the Landsraad could never fully trust their Emperor just as they would never be able to any of them. The betrayals of Ceres in the eyes of Steersmen and Reverend Mother would ensure a fair balance in an otherwise skewed Imperium. The Houses would be wary of getting too close to the Emperor who had a reputation for stabbing those closest to him in the back, and he would reign in the knowledge that he'd never have a true friend among the Houses of the Landsraad.

The designs and machinations while hidden in detail were always quite apparent. The Imperium had been broken and only the strongest would survive into prosperity. Arcaydia had been brought to heel, but for how long? And would she truly deliver Alexander to him? Only time would tell.

Turning toward her, Ceres canted his head sideward and allowed his eyes to fall from head to toe, pausing at his own favoured features of her regal figure. Despite his hatred of the Bene Gesserit, there was something about them that always drew his curiosity and captivated his attention. Lilya was the same, as was Sarina. Even the Old Crone managed to turn a head and arouse interest and with it a good dose of suspicion. He loved to hate them, and that is why he could not fully expunge Arcaydia from his life. It would wind up being a tad boring without her to liven it up every now and then.

"Life is give and take." Ceres agreed. "We take from one hand and put it in the other." That smile appeared once more as he used to hands to correlate and affirm the sentiment of his statement. It also indicated that he had already thought about it, and she would know, just by the smirk and the dastardly look in his eye.

"So, what do you want in return for giving me one of your idols?" He asked, moving over to the mini-bar to refill their drinks while awaiting an answer.
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:31 am
Arcaydia knew from the moment the missive from the Imperial House reached her hands what was to come. She knew the man next to her far to well to expect this to be a typical meeting of niceties. Ceres was not the typical noble looking at the smaller picture, he was much like her he was looking at something bigger. This game between them had been going on for year's and she was quite sure that even when they joined forces that the game would indeed continue. She was not sure if it continued because it had too or because it made both of their lives more interesting.

It was quite obvious as Ceres allowed his eyes to move over her form. She knew that there was an attraction between them that would never disepate. Sometimes it was a curse having the skills she did as her photographic senses took her back to one of their many trists. She could smell the odor of lust and feel the strong caresses. She brought herself back into the room and looked as the Emperor smiled and made the motions with his hands. Where exactly was this going to end? Their were not many people who could make Ceres smile and it actually gave Arcaydia a small amount of joy to be one of them.

“Life is indeed give and take. We have both had many things taken from us. I had my freedom taken from me by my former mentor and you have spent the majority of your life being led around from position to position. It is time we give back to each other… maybe even find ways to break the bonds that hold us… ehhhh.” She grinned once again as he moved towards the bar. She waitied a moment before she followed after him. SHe watched him open himself another drink and listened to his question.

“Oh but my dear Ceres… your will not only be getting one of my idols. You will be getting me. I will have to publicaly pledge myself to you. I will need to myself entirely over to this crown.” She said as her left hand softly touched his bare brow. “I want to merge my Houses… I wish to retain my mother-in-laws title and privilege as Grand Duchess. I wish to be given some level of prestige within your House. People must not only here about my loyalty to your… but your confidence in me.” SHe said as she watched him reach towards the bottle of white wine. Her right hand touching his own and stopping him. “I think I would prefer to switch to a fire whisky.”

She moved her hand away as she watched him pour her requested drink and hand her the crystal tumbler. SHe took a slow sip of her whisky. Her eyes never leaving his until she turned and moved back towards the window. “There was a time when my request would have been for your to leave your wife and take me into your bed… but I think we both know the time for that has passed.” She smiled over her shoulder and tossed her hair to one side.
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:00 am
Ceres noted the choice of Arcaydia's beverage and the significance of it was not lost upon him. Despite her words, he knew very well that she was torn inside, already feverishly plotting to find some way in order to fulfill the Emperor's demand while remaining unblemished in the eyes of her idol. "A rare choice that." He raised his chin to the glass. "One day soon there will be none left, what will you do then?" He asked, knowing the symbolism would not be lost upon the Duchess.

Brushing past the sultry Bene Gesserit, the Emperor returned to his chair and waited for Arcaydia to join him. When she returned, Ceres sat in tandem with Arcaydia watching as she elegantly crossed her leg at the knee and shifted her bottom back into comfort. Drinks in hand, he sipped at his own while she spoke, missing the point of his analogy, but it did not matter. Arcaydia would soon feel the weight of necessity and exactly what he had meant by it.

He listened quietly to her demands, unsurprised by the nature of them. The allure of Title and the Privilege it came with had always been attractive to her. When she was younger, he always remembered her having great ideas while lacking the ability to implement them. Maywana had seized upon that quality and warped it to her advantage. The result was a hardened and wiser Duchess unwilling to be used any longer. This Arcaydia was markedly different and even more interesting than before.

"All in due time, my Little Laza Tigress." The Emperor replied in reference to their mutual bonds of servitude. "As for my wife, do you see an Empress here?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow. The issue of Lilya was very much a sore point and this juncture. He hadn't seen her in weeks. Her lack of presence within these walls at such a critical stage was telling. Ceres had yet to go far as questioning her loyalties but it remained a vexation he could do without. He suspected a Bene Gesserit hand in her quiescence but did not bother to ask Arcaydia. Very few Bene Gesserit could tell each other what the left and right hands of their Order were doing at any one time, let alone anyone outside it.

Closing off that avenue before they began travel down it, Ceres shifted back to Arcaydia and her requirements. "So let me sure I understand you correctly. You want to merge two Great Houses, retain the unearned title of your Mother-in-Law and give you rank and precedent within my House?" Widening his eyes in mock surprised, he put the empty vessel on a nearby coaster. "Are you sure you don't want the keys to the Kingdom?" He asked teasingly the glass base had touched the granite surface of its place-mat .

"In a word, Arcaydia. No." The Emperor shook his head. He had no trouble saying no. It was quite easy, even to someone so unbelievably beautiful and with a long association attached to it. "I have a far better idea. First of all, you will relinquish House Ecevit-Corrino's Siridarship of Salusa Secundus and return it to Imperial Custody immediately. In return, I will allow to to keep the status of either of your Houses. I think that is a far better proposition considering in the grand scheme, do you?"
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 am
As Arcaydia sat and listened to the Emperor speak she knew that all her requests would not be met. That was a very obvious conclusion. But if there was one thing she learned when her possible seat as Empress was robbed from her she knew that you had to start big in order to meet somewhere in the middle. As they moved with their drinks and took their seats she looked over at him and in her usual Arcaydia manner removed her shoes gracefully before crossing her ankles once again. The expensive shoes standing perfectly on their heels upright. Even through all the years of finery and wealth Arcaydia could never kick the habits of her home world, where clothing was often optional.

She could not help but smile as he called her a name he had used in year's past. “Your wife is not here… not do I expect she will be anytime soon. After all it always seems your wives are never around whenever your deem to grace me with your presence. You are quite lucky I was not raised as one of those prudes among your typical noble Houses. It is not often a man has been able to leave my embrace without having to hand over something in return. You are one of the few.” She laughed as she placed her own glass down on the table.

“You know me… I have always loved holding the keys. Even though back in my youth I was never able to find the doors for them.” She jingled her petite hand playfully. She knew the next word out of his mouth before he said it. She looked directly into his eyes as he said no. Though it was expected over the past year Arcaydia had forgotten to become accustomed to that word once again.

“So in conclusion your wish for me to give up the Siridarship of the planet responsible for both of our troops. Your also want me to pledge my loyalty. I am surprised you havent asked me to bend over the desk and be done with it.” She laughed. “I will relinquish your prison planet back into the Throne’s control. Your will allow me to retain the Grand Duchy of Ecevit-Corrino in service to this House.” SHe raised her arms at her surroundings. “My former house will be reduced back to what it was when Maywana found me under a regency until such time we see fit to appoint a Noble House for the planet.” She moved her hands up and down.

“We are moving closer to a deal, darling.” She smiled and curled one of her heels under her. “But I still feel there is alot of give and not much back. So far I have only heard about what I am allowed to do to and what I have to do. Surely in such close confidence we can come to something suitable. Doesnt that sound like a better prospect in the grand scheme of things?” She smiled and picked up her glass draining it.
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:06 pm
"Why ask you to bend when I can simply make you?" The Emperor asked in his sarcastic way of speaking, making a statement in the form of a question, but with no less seriousness. He responded skillfully to her quip and her retort in the same statement, swirling his hadouken around the base of the heavy bohemian crystal glass before taking the last swig. Sucking in air through his teeth, Ceres emitted a soundless ahh as he set the glass down on the coaster. "Its more fun that way don't you think?" He asked, relaxing into his comfy chair again.

The Emperor felt that they were moving closer to a deal but there were privileges he could not allow Arcaydia no matter how long he had known her. Two Great Houses merging in this time of instability was inconceivable. The Emperor was a tactically minded person and the merger of Novarii and Ecevit-Corrino would create a House large enough to threaten his Rule. Even if Arcaydia may not intend it, the potential merger could be interpreted as a rallying cry or a signal of sorts to those who would not accept his rule. That was the Queendom she had alluded to earlier. The longer the question lingered, the more paranoid the Emperor became of the prospect turning into reality.

"You're right, Arcaydia. You're right." Ceres conceded with a slow nod. The he was aware of Arcaydia's own awareness of her situation, he knew he could not push her too far. Regardless, he was doing what he felt was right to ensure the stability of the Empire. He had some very tough decisions to make in the months ahead and the ones being discussed had been some of the hardest he had ever made. He did not want to dismantle what his friend and ally had worked so hard to build over the course of her career but the reality of their circumstance demanded it.

"It does not please me to invite you here only to strip you of your holdings." He offered sincerely. "But needs must, Arcaydia. We take from one hand and put it in the other." He repeated for emphasis. If Arcaydia truly knew him, if she truly understand what he meant and by it, he would judge if she had really grown up or was still on her journey to true enlightenment and understanding. "If you want me to explain myself and my reasoning, the Imperial Mentat has a lengthy annotated document for your reading pleasure." A small grin appeared upon his lips but it did not detract from the gravity or impetus of the situation. "But suffice to say that your counter is offer is acceptable. If it offers you peace of mind, I will retain Arxian Prime beneath Imperial Stewardship and allow your adopted Sister to continue ruling it as a Novarii Fief in all but name."

Ceres fell silent and allowed Arcaydia to consider. Once he felt enough time had passed, me opened his mouth to add to his offer. "In return, I will appoint House Ecevit-Corrino as my Landsraad Representative. You will represent me amongst our Subjects with all the Rank and Privilege of a Duchess of a Great House."

Standing up, the Emperor reached for his glass. "Another drink?"

Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:38 pm
She laughed as he responded to her retort. “I am not sure you can still make me do that… after all your are much more serious now.” SHe said as she contorted her face into mock seriousness. “After all I would no longer be fucking the calm and collected Ceres Fenring but the stoid and regal Emperor Ezhar.” She allowd her hand to rub his shoulder slightly as if half in comfort and half in seduction. “I do not think it would be much fun anymore… you know I like them lively. You know I have had my share.” SHe winked playfully.

She listened as he explained his own views and opinions on the matter and she evaluated intently. “Believe me I understand the need for some of these decisions. WHy do your think I am still sitting here.” She said softly veiling the fact that she indeed was well aware of the chance of this “Queendom.” She removed her hand from his shoulder. “If I was not open to making some concessions I would have walked out of her the moment your mentioned the loss of one of my Houses. I do not think your need a Mentat to analyze that.” SHe spoke very concisely.

“It may not please your, but your must do what has to be done to protect ‘our’ House.” She grinned in return to his own. “Arxian Prime will be released into Imperial Control along with Salusa Secundus.” SHe paused. “I will relinquish my rites to the titles and privelege that my previous House holds.” SHe spoke as if reading a list, no emotion.

She rose from her seat and moved behind the Emperor placing both of her hands on his shoulders. Lowering her voice and moving down towards his ear. “You will grant me the rites and priveleges of a Archduchess of House Ecevit-Corrino. You will name me your Landsraad representative. I will have a hand alongside your in remolding this Empire. We shall hold council.” Her lips were only a hair’s breath from his ear. SHe pulled back and smiled. “And just for shits and giggles. I wish to have access to my old suites in the Palace. And I wish to be granted the largest estate on Kaitan. We both know many…” She said slyly. “Have been left vacant in recent months.

“As for the offer of the drink… when have I ever denied you.” She paced back towards the bar as well waiting for her former paramour to serve their next round.
Ezhar VII
Ezhar VII

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:21 pm
The use of his chosen regnal Name by his former lover and apparent confident sparked a realisation that hadn't really dawned on him until then. He was reminded of something Nathaniel had said a long time now as they met upon his deathbed some fifteen years ago now. "You have to be a Duke or a person, you can't be both. The Duke or the man." A young Ceres, a naive Ceres thought he could master the two but upon suffering his first betrayal at the hands of Anacia, something inside the young nineteen year old had died. He hadn't thought about his first challenge for the Throne or Nathaniel in a very, very long time. He didn't know it then, but as Arcaydia spoke the name he realised that Ceres, the man had died that day and without part of himself nor the a Crown to mantle, all that remained was a husk. Without the Crown, Ceres had simply existed until now...

Ezhar...

The name rolled around his consciousness as it reawakened dreams of his youth. The hairs on the back of his neck raised as his conscience was flooded with long dormant images of granduer and fervent hope. All the plans and ambitions he had conspired during his youth could not be realised and refined with the added benefit of years of wisdom.

Ezhar...

"You just reminded me of someone I haven't thought of for a very long time." He said warmly as he then poured Arcaydia's refill. "Really, I should not allow you the privilege but I believe there is nothing left to give or take." Topping up the flute he handed it to his former paramour. "In this game of ours." He trailed off and returned to the window, distancing himself from her presence.

"Out of the respect for our bonds of blood and House, this will be the last boon I ever grant you, Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino. From now on you will be required to work twice as hard as my Imperial Subjects to earn my favour." The Emperor said sternly. This New Dawn demanded sacrifices, and thus far, Arcaydia seemed unwilling to accept that and make a meaningful one of her own.

"I hope you are pleased with your success, Arcaydia." Ceres mused, raising his glass in her honour. Once again, the mouse had avoided the trap.

"Is there anything else you require of me?" He inquired, turning his back on her to return to his seat.
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino
Arcaydia Ecevit-Corrino

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:58 pm
As Arcaydia stood at the bar and watched Ceres pour the drinks and ponder her words she took the time to observe him. It was not everyday that one of your closest friends and to point a former paramour raises to the seat of ultimate power. The Imperium was changing and it seemed as if everyone was going to have to roll with this new tide. SHe knew the difficulties he would face and was quite aware of the status of the Imperial House. She took her drink from his hand and took a sip immediately.

As he responded to her she could feel his mood change and sense the changes in his body movements. To be honest she did not expect his acceptance so easily. SHe never thought the man would just end the conversation on this note. Now as she remained standing by the bar she pondered her own for a moment and decided that maybe she needed to play her own game as well.

She moved towards the desk and sat on the edge of the desk right next to the Emperor’s arm. “Now, now Ceres no need to kick me out so quickly for such a request.” She sighed. She raised her glass in turn. “Your know I know your all to well and I can tell that this decision bothered you. Even though it truly pains me and is against almost every fiber of my being I too will make my own sacrifice. Both to appease your and save face for this family.” She placed her glass on the desk and leaned back. Her feet no longer touching the floor.

“Take my title, Ceres. I will not fight it… Just one last request. I wish for your to recognize me as family. And I wish for some Suadaukar protection for my family. Your of course will be the commander of this small contigent of guards but at this time I feel my family must be protected. We have many enemies in these months to come. I also want your word Ceres… not only as my freind but as Ezshar that my children are safe and will remain safe.” She looked him directly in the eyes. “I will take my hit… I will accept all your have laid before me. But I do wish the respect in return. If only within the confines of these private walls.” She crossed her legs seductivly.
Sponsored content